Interacting with students is my favorite thing about being an author! Presentations are generally $350 per class period with discounts to Title 1 schools. Book sales are encouraged and much appreciated, personalized copies available.
Free, 15-minute virtual interactions via Skype, Google Hangouts, etc. are available to those classes using Bleed, Blister, Puke, and Purge. A more extensive online author visit can be arranged at $125 per class period.
Interested in scheduling an in-person or virtual author talk? Contact jmyounker (at) gmail.com.
- Feb 3, 2021, World Read Aloud Day, virtual visits with Ohio and Connecticut classrooms
- Feb 1, 2021, virtual visit with fifth and sixth graders at Woodinville Montessori, WA
- 2019-2020, #KidsNeedMentors, virtual interactions throughout the year with a Michigan classroom via Flipgrid
- June 18, 2018, Northstar Middle School in Kirkland, WA
- March 29, 2018, North Creek High School in Bothell, WA
- February 6, 2018 at Lake Forest Park Elementary in LFP, WA
- January 23, 2018 at 7:00pm, KCLS Kirkland library
- April 3, 2017, Odle Middle School
- February 17, 2017, Whitman Middle School
- November 15, 2016, University Bookstore in Bellevue, WA
- November 10, 2016 at Village Books in Bellingham, WA
- October 25, 2016 book launch Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park, WA
- October 15, 2016 at 3:30pm, WLMA Conference at Highline Community College, WA